The World’s First Flying Sports Car
The Switchblade is a three wheel, street legal vehicle that you drive from your garage to a nearby local airport. Once there, the wings swing out and the tail extends in under 3 minutes.
You then fly your registered aircraft directly to the destination – at up to 200 mph and 13,000 feet. You simply land, transform your flying sports car back to driving mode – the wings safely stowed and protected – and continue to your final destination.
The Italian-inspired clean shape is designed to produce a down-force in gusty wind conditions, stabilizing the lightweight vehicle on the road. The wings are set at the correct angle so you literally fly the plane off the runway! Landings are similar, in that you simply fly the vehicle onto the runway to land.
The Switchblade has side-by-side seating for two, room for 50 pounds of luggage (golf clubs, etc.), a wide cabin, and the power-to-weight ratio of a 2017 Corvette. In the past, flying car concepts have delivered mediocre performance in the air or on the ground. There is nothing ‘mediocre’ about this vehicle.
THE FREEDOM OF YOUR DREAMS
- Have the best of both worlds
- Escape highway traffic
- Be in total control of your travel schedule
- Get there safely, regardless of the weather
- Say goodbye to travel hassles and delays
- Extendable wings and tail
- Wings fully protected while driving
- Redundant ignition and fuel systems
- 5-speed transmission for driving
- Dual ground / air lighting systems
- Digital instrument display
- Premium sound system
- Heating and air conditioning
- Adjustable leather seats
- Complete vehicle parachute
- Front and rear crumple zones
- Roll over protection
- Front and rear disc brakes
- Safety glass front windshield
IN A CLASS OF ITS OWN
- High performance on the road and in the sky
- Fast, sexy and fun to operate
- Safety features like no other Multi-Mode Vehicle
- Designed to be truly practical, for everyday use
|Estimated GTOW||1,750 LB (Gross Take-off Weight)|
|Length||16.8 ft / 5.1 m (ground mode)|
|Length||20.2 ft / 6.2 m (flight mode)|
|Vehicle Width||6 ft / 1.8 m|
|Height||5.1 ft / 1.5 m|
|Wing span||26.9 ft / 8.2 m|
|Wing loading||26 psf / 127 kg/m2|
|Fuel capacity||30 gal. including reserve / 114 L|
|Maximum Airspeed||190 mph / 305 kph|
|Cruise speed||160 mph / 257 kph|
|Max driving speed||125+ mph / 201+ kph|
|Range||450 miles / 724 km|
|Fuel capacity||30 gal / 114 L|
|Take-off distance||1,100 ft / 335 m|
|Landing distance||1,600 ft / 488 m|
|Stall speed (with flaps)||67 mph / 108 kph|
|Max Takeoff Weight||1,750 lb / 794 kg|
|Payload||544 lb / 247 kg|
|Fuel economy on ground||~40 mpg / 17 km/L|
|Fuel economy in air||~9g/hr / 34 L/hr|
|Type Fuel||91 Octane Auto|
|Samson 190 hp liquid-cooled V4|
CLASS OF AIRCRAFT
Experimental / Homebuilt class, requires the owner to build 51% of the vehicle. The kit is delivered to you majorly assembled. Should you desire professional assistance, one of our Builder Assist Centers will be able to help you complete the vehicle in as little as three weeks.
LICENSES REQUIRED TO OPERATE
On the ground you will need either an automobile license or a motorcycle license. Some regulations vary from location to location. In the air you will need a private pilot license.
- Navigation radios
- ELT (Emergency Location Transmitter)
- Video rear view monitor and cameras
- Turn-by-turn Ground GPS
- Mp3 player
- Glass cockpit (flight instruments)
- Custom dashboard
- Dynon 7″ Skyview digital display
- iPad Mini
- Dynon radio and transponder
- Dynon Intercomm and GPS 2020 receiver compass
- AOA (Angle Of Attack) gauge
Winterized version including heated pitot tube, re-locatable ski racks, large capacity windshield de-ice and heated seats.
Ruggedized version including all standard features, all Snowbird features, beefed up landing gear, Garnet Tread Tires, reinforced frame, high-lift wing for Short Take-Off and Landing (STOL) operation, and extra mounts for holding cargo in rugged terrain.
This ruggedized version includes all standard features, added ground clearance, beefed up landing gear, reinforced frame, high-lift wing for Short Take-Off and Landing (STOL) operation, extra mounts for holding cargo in rugged terrain, and large-capacity radiators for hot climates.
RESERVE YOUR SWITCHBLADE NOW, for an earlier delivery position and no Deposit until after we fly!
Just want to follow the excitement as we close in on First Flight?
GET OUR MONTHLY eNEWSLETTER for the latest updates!